- Grand Prairie,TX
- Feb 26, 2019
- Entertainment : General Entertainment
1000 Lone Star Parkway - Grand Prairie, Texas, 75050
Lone Star Park is hiring for a Cook job in Grand Prairie,TX
$8.95 - $10.00 Hourly
Accurately and efficiently cook meats, fish, vegetables, soups and other hot food products. Prepares and portions food products prior to cooking and performs other duties, including plating and garnishing of cooked items and all hot menu item plates. Assumes 100% responsibility for quality of products served.
- Properly prepares a variety of meats, seafood, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Knows and consistently complies with established portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, kitchen rules, and company policies and procedures.
- Stocks and maintains sufficient levels of food products at line stations to ensure a smooth service period.
- Portions food products prior to cooking according to established portion sizes and recipe specifications.
- Maintains a clean and sanitary work station, including tables, shelves, grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
- Prepares items for broiling, grilling, frying, sautéing or other cooking methods by portioning, battering, breading, seasoning and/or marinating.
- Follows proper plate presentation and garnish set-up for all dishes.
- Properly handles, stores and rotates all products in accordance with company standards and established procedures.
- Assists in food preparation assignments during off-peak periods as needed.
- Closes the kitchen properly and follows the closing checklist for kitchen stations. Assists others in closing of the kitchen as needed.
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement.
- Contributes to a friendly and productive work environment; reports concerns directly to Kitchen Manager.
- Knows and understands the proper operation of all job-related equipment.
- Observes all safety procedures when handling food, liquids, and dishes.
- Uses proper protective equipment at all times.
- Uses the proper lifting techniques when handling trays, dishes, and boxes.
- Immediately reports all workplace injuries to the Kitchen Manager.
- Reports any unsafe acts, conditions, or equipment to the Kitchen Manager.
- Knows all appropriate first aid kit(s) locations and eyewash stations.
- Knows the location of the fire-fighting equipment and fire exits for the area.
- Maintains clean work area and uniform at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Kitchen Manager or manager-on-duty.
Click the 'Apply Now' button to submit your resume now!
Lone Star Park is an equal opportunity employer committed to a drug-free workplace.